Huskies adopt a Texas school to support Hurricane Harvey relief
Over the last week, we have all seen images of the destruction that Hurricane Harvey has caused in Texas. Wea Ridge Middle School would like to help those in need after this devastating storm as families return to their homes and try to rebuild their lives. One of our 6th grade students, Ryan Wolfe, is spearheading the effort at WRM to send the needed help to Texas. Our school will be holding a food and clothing drive from now until Friday, September 16th. We will be partnering with Tri-County Jr./Sr. High School in Wolcott, IN to send these items to Parkview Intermidiate School. Parkview Intermediate School serves students in 7th and 8th grades in Pasedena, Texas, a suburb of Houston.
Below is a list of the items that we would like to send:
- school supplies
- toothpaste and toothbrushes
- soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, razors and shaving cream
- canned food
- individually pre-packaged sacks such as chips, protein bars, pasta, crackers, and cookies
- bottled water
- clothing for boys and girls ages 12-15:
- NEW (still in original packaging) undergarments, socks, t-shirts, shorts, jeans/pants, pajamas
- shoes (new or used in all sizes)
- baby items: diapers, powdered formula, and non-perishable baby food
- air mattresses, pillows, sheets, towels
- paper products, toilet paper, paper goods, plastic or Styrofoam cups, and paper towels
These items can be brought to school any time before September 16. We will collect them here and then combine them with the collection from Tri-County before they are all sent to Texas. This is a wonderful way to show another middle school our caring spirit. Let's show what the Huskies can do when we come together.